Jun 18, 2019 08:00 CEST
Swedish Copter begins international expansion with brand relaunch
Sweden’s leading manufacturer of screen protection, Copter, is relaunching its brand with new packaging, a wider assortment and a unique application machine.
– Through our screen protection, we’ve been offering the markets best insurance against damaged screens for over a decade. Our new application machine guarantees perfect application every time, says Pärlan Fritz, Commercial Director at Copter.
Mobile devices continue to grow in size and increase in price, which makes the need to protect your screens more important than ever before. Now the Swedish screen protection brand Copter are relaunching themselves with an even wider assortment, a new yellow packaging and a unique application machine. The application machine is the result of a Swedish engineering teams’ extensive development and is now being manufactured locally. With help from this machine, the consumer can guarantee their Exoglass screen protection is applied perfectly at point of purchase. From this autumn, the application machine will be available at all large Copter re-sellers.
– With the application machine, the consumer won’t have to apply the screen protection themselves, with the risk of air bubbles and dust underneath the Exoglass removed. They can now get this installation perfectly executed instore, and when correctly applied, the glass provides its optimum protection, says Pärlan Fritz.
A step on the journey to international expansion
Copter leads the market in both the Nordics and Europe with regards to the ability to provide such a wide assortment of screen protection that covers almost all devices. Their glass screen protection, Exoglass™, is available for leading manufacturers of mobile devices, and for the other lower volume devices, a protective film is offered. The protective film was originally developed to protect the rotor blades of American helicopters from the damaging desert sand, and it was this film that Copter started with 11 years ago. The majority of customers have been located in the Nordics, but now the company hopes to take the next step internationally. The ongoing relaunch of Copter is a part of the company’s international expansion project and occurs in conjunction with their presence at IFA in Berlin this September.
– We have always been an authentic Swedish brand, in comparison with the majority of others in our industry, where most of the work is done in China. In our factory in Kumla, Sweden, we manufacture some of our products, provide QC and pack all of our products before they’re delivered to our customers. This provides us with an advantage as we have full control of the production process. As we are based close to our customers, we can react quickly to the announcement of new devices and provide our customers with product before launch. With the new Copter branding and our application machine, we can now offer the complete ecosystem for effective screen protection and we believe the timing is correct for expansion into Europe, concludes Pärlan Fritz.
Maj 21, 2019 11:00 CEST
Swedish brand Copter present at the world’s largest motorsports event
Copter, a leading manufacturer of screen protection for mobile devices, has entered into a sponsorship agreement with Scuderia Corsa, Ferrari’s IndyCar team in the USA. This collaboration comes into place for the Indy500, one of the worlds largest motorsport events, taking place on the 26th May in Indianapolis.
– Copter’s tagline is “great protection”, and they develop innovative screen protection. A similar film is produced within racing for the visor, and we therefore have a shared interest here - that we need to protect in case of an accident, says Stefan ”Lill-Lövis” Johansson, Sporting Director at Scuderia Corsa.
Copter’s newly signed agreement with Scuderia Corsa coincides with the company launching a new ecosystem for screen protection. The partnership agreement is yet another part of the company’s investment in international expansion. Through this shared goal, to protect in case of an accident, Copter believed that Scuderia Corsa was a perfect partner. Stefan ”Lill-Lövis” Johansson has previously competed for many years within racing, and among other things, won the Le Mans and driven for the iconic Ferrari team in Formula 1. Stefan is now the Sporting Director at Scuderia Corsa, who have strong connections to Ferrari, in the American IndyCar series.
– Copter fits really well within racing as we share the same vision and goals. We are continuously developing new products to protect our drivers, says Stefan Johansson.
No more cracked screens
When Copter started 10 years ago, larger screens for mobile devices were just landing on the market. Now the use of larger screens has grown exponentially, and as a result, the demand for screen protection has rapidly increased. Something that has been missing from the market though is a technique to help apply the screen protectors – a must to ensure that the screen protection can deliver what it’s promised. Copter, in conjunction with a Swedish engineering team, have produced a unique machine that applies the screen protector with perfect precision.
– The machine guarantees perfect application every time, without dust particles and air bubbles, and centered correctly. We can easily guarantee the application of the screen protector sits exactly as it should, says Peter Körner.
The relaunch of Copter and their unique screen protection application machine are of course the most important parts of the company’s expansion, but Peter is also eagerly anticipating the sporting event in Indianapolis.
– This partnership is much bigger than just adding our logo to a car, this will help propel us internationally, concludes Peter Körner.
Read more about Copter here.
Read more about Indy500 here.